NLMK Group launches a corporate intranet portal
About the project:
NLMK Group is a leading international producer of high-quality steel products with a vertically integrated business model. NLMK’s production assets are located in Russia, the USA, and EU countries.
In 2018, NLMK Group introduced an intracorporate portal utilized by over 20,000 office employees and approximately 50,000 workers from 62 holding companies.
A key feature of the intranet portal’s development was the implementation of the Blitz Identity Provider authentication system.
- Ensure registration and accurate identification of NLMK group company employee accounts.
- Provide unified access to NLMK’s HR and training applications for both workers and office staff.
The Blitz Identity Provider authentication server was integrated as an essential component of NLMK Group’s intranet portal project. With the introduction of Blitz Identity Provider, the following results were achieved:
- Enabled autonomous account registration by employees and registration via HR departments. During the registration process, data is cross-referenced with the HR system.
- Facilitated simultaneous operation with two directories. The existing Active Directory maintains the accounts of office employees, while the new directory manages accounts of workers who don’t need domain access or access to the company’s internal IT resources. This results in savings on Microsoft licenses.
- Implemented support for interfaces in English, French, Danish, and Italian for the registration and login of foreign company employees.
- Ensured unified user access to the intranet portal, mobile application, and six other web applications and cloud services of the company.